Saturday, November 1, 2008

Day 1: In which I rehash, and use bullet points

So, NaBloPoMo. It's here, and I'm going for it. I'm kind of appalled that it's November already. November is the month of my birthday (a week from today, in fact) and also the month of Thanksgiving. Both of these things used to excited me. Now they just make me uneasy.

One precedent to November 1st is, of course, Halloween. So, let's talk about that. Mine consisted of:
  • a sobbing phone call to my mother
  • a cobbled together aviator costume
  • an impromptu meetup with several people I haven't seen in about 5 months
  • wandering aimlessly around Georgetown
  • drinking boxed wine out of a MinuteMaid apple juice bottle
  • shouting at passersby that our tin-foil wrapped group member was, in fact, the Tin-Man and not a Chipotle burrito
  • putting my new Nikon Coolpix to good use
  • ending the night at a party I DID NOT mean to go to
  • having an excellent time at a party I DID NOT mean to go to
  • crappy beer (Keystone Light)
So far, today has consisted of:
  • angry text messages from my ex-boyfriend
  • a headache

No comments: